Our goal is to offer superior service to our members and visitors; therefore we follow a strict policy of implementation of rules in our golf club. All members & visitors must respect these Internal Regulations of Marbella Golf Country Club.
1. STONES IN BUNKERS
Stones in bunkers are movable obstructions. Rule 24-1 applies. If the ball moves, it may be replaced without penalty.
2. STAKED TREES
A ball may be lifted and dropped if a staked tree interferes with a player’s stance or swing. A ball should be dropped without penalty, within one club length from the nearest point of relief and not nearer the hole, in accordance with the procedure prescribed in Rule 24-2b(i).6.
3. OUT OF BOUNDS
- Beyond all boundary fences and posts. This is the practise area alongside the 1st & to the back of the 1st Green. To the left hand side of the 3rd Green. The back of the 8th Green. The left hand side of the 14th, 15th & 17th Fairway.
- The clubhouse, patio, flowerbeds, car park are out of bounds.
Any artificially surfaced path or road shall be regarded as an immovable obstruction and relief may be obtained under Rule 24-2. Relief may be taken from buggy paths under Rule 24-2.
5. WATER HAZARDS
The water in front of the 3rd, 6th, 12th, 15th & 16th greens and between the 6th and 13th & 14th fairways is defined as a water hazard and relief may be obtained, under penalty, in accordance with Rule 26.
6. HOLES 4, 5, 8 & 15
The above holes are red staked and they are defined as a lateral water hazard. A ball crossing the stakes the player must drop his/her ball in the Dropping Zone under penalty of one stroke. (Rule 26-1 & Appendix 1 Part A-6) Note: If the drop zone has not been mowed, the ball may be placed without any further penalty.
Rakes must always be left inside bunkers. If a ball comes to rest against a rake the rake may be removed; should this result in the ball moving, it may be replaced without penalty. (Rule 24-1)
8. WINTER RULES
- A ball coming to rest on the normally «close mown areas» of the course through the green may, without penalty, be lifted, cleaned and placed within six inches of where it originally lay, but not nearer the hole.
- A ball plugged in the rough may be lifted cleaned and may be dropped without penalty.
9. TYRE RUTS
A ball coming to rest in a «deep» (half depth of the ball) tyre rut may be lifted, cleaned and dropped within one club length of where it originally lay, without penalty, in accordance with Rule 25-1(b)
10. DRAINAGE COVERS
The metal drainage covers may be treated as an immovable obstruction and relief may be obtained under Rule24-2.
11. LEAVES ON GREENS (TEMPORARY LOCAL RULE)
Leaves may be swept from the line of the putt. The sweeping action must be at right angles to the line of the putt and not along the line of the putt. (Rule16.1)
12. DISTANCE MEASURING DEVICES
With effect from the October, 2010 and in accordance with Rule 14-3 the Golf Committee has made a local rule allowing players to use devices that measure or gauge distance. Devices that measure wind speed, temperature or elevation are not allowed. Furthermore if a player is found using such a device they will be in breach of Rule 14.3 for which the penalty is disqualification.
PENALTY FOR BREACH OF LOCAL RULES
Unless otherwise stated in the Local Rule is:
- Match Play – Loss of hole
- Stroke Play – Two strokes
Updated 17th June 2015